Wednesday 23 October 2013

Maxi Dress

 
When I was a little girl, I was fascinated by the clothing that my mother wore, especially the clothes that featured sheer panels and fabrics. Every one of these pieces was lined. The clothes that were lined with nude fabrics gave the illusion that she wore nothing at all underneath. For example, there was a one piece black crochet bathing suit that my mother wore to the beach all the time. It was lined with a nude fabric. It was funny to see people do double-takes, obviously expecting to see more as it appeared to be see-through.
 
The maxi dress I'm wearing in this post has sheer black crochet that reminded me of my mother's bathing suit. I bought this maxi dress because I can dress it up or down, and wear it in any season.
 
In the photos below, I was hanging out with my sister in Sydney, a little cooler than Brisbane, so I put a leather jacket on. In the photo above, I wore heels because the dress is so long, but in the photos below I'm wearing boots, so that I can show the versatility of this maxi dress.
 
My hair was easy. I took my hair tie out and shook my head. This is my natural hair - loose, wavy and messy. Kind of like my mum's beach hair when she wore her black crochet one piece.
 
 
 

 

Wearing:
 
Karen Walker Sunglasses
The Giving Keys Necklace



No comments:

Post a Comment